Sending an eFax.
To use eFax, you will need to be running Office 365 and Outlook email.
1. Open a new Outlook email document from your NYS-issued PC (or VDI) using Office 365.
2. Create your secure eFax by entering content in the body of your email. Be sure to add any necessary attachments.
3. Address the email to the receiving fax machine's 10-digit fax number , including the area code (i.e.: (FAX)[email protected]).
4. To send the same fax to multiple addresses, simply separate each 10-digit fax number email address with a semicolon as shown: [email protected]; [email protected].
5. Once your email content is complete and addressed to the receiving fax number(s), click Send.
What is eFax?
eFax is an Internet fax capability that makes it easy and convenient to send and receive faxes by email and online using your desktop computer running Office 365 and Outlook.
Is eFax Secure?
Your eFaxes are protected by CISO-approved encryption, so you can be confident in the level of security they will have. This encryption also means that your eFaxes are compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).