Request A RSA SecurID Token
- Go to https://mytoken.ny.gov to be directed to the Self Service Console.
- Enter your email address ([email protected]) in the User ID box. Click Ok.
- Choose your Authentication Method by Selecting Password from the dropdown and Click the Log On button.
- Enter your Office365 Password (this is the same password you use to log onto your computer and email) and select Log On.
- Click the Set Up link to set up your Security Questions. Set up is a prerequisite to Token approval.
- Please answer the five security questions (answers are not case sensitive). Select Submit Your Request. Security questions allow you to unlock your account without assistance and provide future verification of user authentication.
- Once successfully completed, you will receive confirmation. Select Request a new Token.
- Choose Software Token from the drop-down menu.
- Select the radio button next to the operating system that powers your phone. RSA token can be imported to an Android or IPhone. Your specific Service Desk can assist in determining your operating system. Users should choose a Token profile that begins with the word "Enterprise" followed by their device operating system.
- After selecting your device, scroll down to create a pin for your token. Pin MUST be 8 numeric characters (HINT: Use years people were born before 1990. For example, my dad was 1935, and I'm 1963, so my pin is 19351963). Also please include a reason for the request (e.g. "I have a new phone" or "Need for remote access"). You can disregard the "nickname" field. Please Note: Do not edit the pre-populated device serial number field. This number simply serves as a placeholder. Device serial numbers are not required.
- You will receive confirmation once your request is successfully submitted. Click Ok.
Note: Most software token requests are approved automatically.
- Choose Hardware Token from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a reason for the request (e.g. "Need for remote access").
- Create a pin for your token. Pin MUST be 8 numeric characters. (HINT: Use years people were born before 1990. For example, my dad was 1935, and I'm 1963, so my pin is 19351963).
- Confirm the shipping address for the token is accurate. Make any changes necessary to ensure the on-time delivery of your token. If you are in a multi-story building, please include a floor and room number.
- Your Hardware Token request is complete when you receive confirmation your request is submitted. Once your token request is approved, you will receive an email notification from [email protected] advising you of your token status. Please retain this email until you receive your token. The enablement code will be required to activate your token.