For Elected Officials, Administrative Officials and Business Managers:
NYS Office of the State Comptroller Local Government Management Guide
Check back here regularly for updated listings of available trainings and valuable resources.
- New York State Information and Cybersecurity Awareness Training
- CISA Resources for State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial (SLTT) Governments
- DHS/FEMA Certified Cyber Security Training
- SANS Webcast
- U.S. Cyber Challenge
- FedVTE Cybersecurity Courses
- Cybrary - Security Skills Training
- CERIAS Training and Awareness
- Cybersecurity User Awareness Videos
- Cybersecurity Videos for Home Users
Please Note: The NYS Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) is not responsible for the quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose of products or services available on external sites and listed or described on our menu; nor is the NYS Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) - Cybersecurity Events/Training site responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of the information contained on the website and supplied by external sources.
Approximately 200 local government officials across the state registered for the event.
Brief, practical references intended for smaller entities that may not have the technology or information security expertise of other entities and therefore need a basic "how to get started" resource. The Guides provide a general overview of issues, and is particularly helpful for increasing the information security awareness level of those local government staff in non-technical positions (such as elected officials and administrators).
The Cybersecurity: Getting Started Guide is supplemented by a series of appendices which cover specific topics in more depth.