NYS ITS Password Self-Service Setup
Password Self-Service How To's
Setting Up Your Self-Service Account
1. Navigate to https://password.ny.gov
2. Enter your email address and Captcha text, click OK.
3. Click My Questions and Answers Profile.
4. After clicking My Questions and Answers Profile, enter your Windows password on the next page.
5. Answer any three security questions and select PIN. Your answers to the security questions are secret, but the PIN will be visible to the Help Desk to validate your identity if you forget the answers to your questions or need other assistance.
6. Set up of your ITS NYS Password Self-Service account is complete!
Using NYS ITS Password Self-Service
1. Click any of the buttons on the home page and follow the prompts to complete a function. The Unlock My Account feature (shown as disabled below) will be enabled if your account is locked.
2. For access to Forgot My Password and Unlock My Account, you must provide answers to the security questions or an RSA token to verify your identity.
3. When using RSA Hard Token (fob), you must enter your RSA PIN and RSA token code (without a space in between).
When using RSA Soft Token (smart phone app), you must enter only the RSA code generated by your PIN.