Multiple vulnerabilities have been discovered in the Siemens Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system. SIMATIC WinCC is a SCADA system that is used to monitor and control physical processes involved in industry and infrastructure. This software is used in many industries, including food and beverage, water and wastewater, oil and gas, and chemical. Successful exploitation of these vulnerabilities could allow an attacker access to sensitive information or allow a user to gain privileges. Depending on the privileges associated with the user, an attacker could then install programs; view, change, or delete data; or create new accounts with full user rights.'
- All versions of SIMATIC WinCC prior to version 7.3
- All versions of SIMATIC PCS7 (as WinCC is incorporated) prior to version 8.1
Multiple vulnerabilities have been discovered in SIMATIC WinCC. Details of these vulnerabilities are as follows:
- Update vulnerable systems immediately after appropriate testing
- Minimize network exposure for all control system devices and/or systems, and ensure that they are not accessible from the Internet.
- Locate control system networks and remote devices behind firewalls, and isolate them from the business network.
- When remote access is required, use secure methods, such as Virtual Private Networks (VPNs). Please note that VPNs may have vulnerabilities and should be updated to the most current version available and are only as secure as the connected devices.