- Mozilla Firefox versions prior to 36.0.3
- Firefox versions prior ESR 31.5.2
- SeaMonkey versions prior 2.33.1
Two Vulnerabilities have been reported in Mozilla Firefox and SeaMonkey. Details of the vulnerabilities are as follows:
- A privilege-escalation vulnerability using SVG format content navigation processing. This processing can be used by the attacker to bypass the same-origin policy and then remotely execute arbitrary code on the system. (CVE-2015-0818)
Successful exploitation of these vulnerabilities could result in an attacker gaining the same privileges as the logged on user. Depending on the privileges associated with the user, an attacker could install programs; view, change, or delete data; or create new accounts with full user rights.
We recommend the following actions be taken:
- Apply appropriate patches provided by Mozilla to vulnerable systems immediately after appropriate testing.
- Run all software as a non-privileged user (one without administrative privileges) to diminish the effects of a successful attack.