The Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business Act, which was signed into law by Governor Andrew M. Cuomo on May 12, 2014, encourages and supports eligible businesses to play a greater role in the economy of the State by increasing participation in New York State's contracting opportunities.
"... New York is taking our commitment to honor the service and sacrifice of the disabled veterans who serve our state and nation to a higher level. This new law sets an ambitious and aggressive goal to make businesses owned by disabled veterans a more active part of state contracting and gives our heroes the recognition that they truly deserve. We are proud to lead every state in the nation with this ambitious program and by doing so, continue New York's undaunted pursuit of greater fairness." - Governor Andrew M. Cuomo
ITS stands ready to help Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOB) firms.
- ITS will assist SDVOB firms to identify procurement opportunities and understand state procurement policies and processes.
- ITS seeks to increase the pool of available SDVOB firms by encouraging uncertified firms that meet the SDVOB eligibility criteria to apply for SDVOB certification.
- ITS helps firms understand the requirements and the advantages of becoming certified.
- ITS also help firms meeting the criteria, understand the certification requirements, and connect with those who oversee the application process.
- ITS also participates in business events to promote awareness and understanding of the state contracting process.
In support of the Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Business (SDVOB) Act, ITS is also developing performance metrics to track the agency's progress (i.e., SDVOB utilization measured as a percentage of expenditures).
NYS Office of General Services Division of Service-Disabled Veterans' Business Development: http://ogs.ny.gov/core/sdvoba.asp
List of Certified NYS Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses: https://ogs.ny.gov/veterans/Docs/CertifiedNYS_SDVOB.pdf
For assistance or for more information, email the ITS Procurement & Contract Support Unit at email@example.com.