Telecommunications services includes voice, internet, and network services that support and enable communications within and outside the enterprise. ITS offers a complete array of voice communications solutions to NYS agencies, including assistance from the ITS Service Desk.
For additional information, including phone and voicemail user guides, view our telecommunications page.
All services include security support, including monitoring of networks and systems for malicious activity or policy violations, incident response, threat and vulnerability management, and data privacy services.
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Voice services, including offerings for voice circuits to deliver telephone service and other advanced features, such as 800-services and automatic call distribution.
- Voice-over-Internet-Protocol (VoIP) technology provides IP telephony, high-definition video, unified messaging, and instant messaging and presence.
- The system unifies voice and other information using the analog system associated with the telephone while also supporting the exchange of personal voice messages (audio), selection and delivery of voice information, transaction processing relating to individuals, organizations, products, and services using an ordinary telephone.
- Service utilizes a secure IP telephone and modern VoIP technology including dial tone, voicemail, and options for conference phone devices.
- Break/fixes and support setting up dial tone for systems such as modem and alarms, as well as self-service and online help guides are available.
- Video conferencing provides modern and standards-based technologies that allow for video conferencing endpoints to communicate.
- Endpoint support is included with this service for standard endpoints that have not reached end of life.
- New or replacement equipment is not included in this rate.
- Advanced meeting room design and equipment services (e.g., amplifiers, overhead speakers, televisions, multiplexers, etc.) are also not included.
- Internet Services
- Wide Area Network (WAN) is a telecommunication network that permits NYS employees access to the network by connecting data centers, office buildings, and remote work sites to the service provider.
- Broadband (CKT Circuits) is frequently used for remote sites.
- Network services, including the services that provide a user access to the enterprise’s technology systems. This includes wired access while on premise and remote access while off site.
- The Local Area Network (LAN) connects NYS devices to the wiring inside a building. The standard offering for LAN includes maintenance of existing office site network hardware, software, and support to provide a secure, monitored, and managed local network for all NY State users.
- This service provides connectivity for PC and VDI workstations, VoIP, video conferencing, and network devices at office sites.