What is WebNY?
The WebNY initiative, coordinated by the NYS Office of Information Technology Services (ITS), is responsible for leading the web development efforts of New York State by
- establishing common processes, procedures and practices for the 60+ State agencies;
- bringing 200+ New York State websites to a common Acquia Drupal platform, establishing common reusable components and templates;
- advancing the web development skills of the State workforce and establishing New York State as a leader in the Drupal community; and
- providing support to Governor Cuomo's Web Transformation Initiative for a more efficient, effective, and modern digital government.
Drupal Content Management System with Acquia Cloud Enterprise - a multi-server, fully managed continuous delivery cloud platform that is pre-configured and tuned for Drupal. Ideal for mission-critical websites that require the highest levels of performance, scalability, and resiliency.
Content Delivery Network (CDN) Cloud services to support Web Sites - a large, geographically distributed network of specialized servers that accelerate the delivery of web content and rich media to internet-connected devices.
GitHub Web-based Git repository hosting service - a distributed revision control and source code management (SCM) functionality of Git but provides Web-based graphical interface and desktop as well as mobile integration. It also provides access control and several collaboration features such as bug tracking, feature requests, task management, and wikis for every project.
Web Development and Design services - From conception and strategy to design and implementation, WebNY builds and supports premium websites for New York State government entities. WebNY empowers our clients with an easy to use Content Management System (CMS) a highly robust, highly flexible solution that include NYS branding and styling standards. The NYS templates are constantly evolving and improving functionality, yet the platform can easily handle everything from a small agency site to a large enterprise organization to support the NYS citizen
By taking advantage of WebNY, state agencies don't have to manage their own web platforms, allowing them to create better content faster, with less support from developers and ITS. Instead, they can concentrate on providing user-friendly, citizen-focused content and experiences to website visitors.
The WebNY team is active in web development communities and strives to bring developers together to share knowledge, foster teamwork, and develop new ideas that improve the visitors experience to New York Stat websites.
- NYC Drupal Camp Date
- Drupal Global Training Date November 2015
- Drupal Global Training Date August 2015
Contact WebNY at firstname.lastname@example.org